Industrial Attempt

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Groovin' on the form of these Shots. Not groovin' on the lighting. Some how I like them none the less. Shot earlier this afternoon. Post process Photoshop channel mixer. A little "hung over" from skiing and drinking the day before. let me know what you think.

Tanks Wide: Nikon D1 ƒ8 @ 1/75 Cloudy WB.
tanksclose9xf.jpg

Tanks Vert: Nikon D1 ƒ8 @ 1/75 Cloudy WB
tankvert9se.jpg

I really like the first one! How ever if you didn't say they were industrial images, I wouldn't know what they are and that might not be a good thing. It might be abstract. Not sure. i think it is anyway. get what I'm saying?

Anyhow. The sky goes great. I think it makes a nice statement. Cloud are awesome for architecture (did I spell that right?) and stuff like this :)

The second is good too and is good in general unlike the first because you can see what it is. The angle for this one I like a lot! So tall O.O (or so they look ;))

IMO :)

It's hard to get permission....trust me..ive made so many calls, and if I want REALY permission I need to call head offices (long distance phone calls. icky.) and ask. So I say screw that, I'll run the risk before and/or after they close. I still worry about getting caught. :/ No one wants to be photographed...'corporate policy' is what they call it. My Dad says, "Because their place is messy and they dont want people to see that" lol Its not like anyone will know it's them.

I wish I had tips for you but I really don't except maybe make a compramise if they say no, or arent sure. Like, you can only use it for this reasona nd you can sell them prints at cost, or sell them the file/negative (you'd be giving up copyright more or less) for a nice price as long as you get prints for portfolios and etc. It's just a suggestion. I haven't tried yet because I thought of it too late :( I could try again? Blah.

I got permission from one store out of three I called because the guy called the head office for me. So that could help too with the long distance calls if you're not ready or able to do it.

Goodluck!

Many thanks!!!!!! On the (way too involved for this thread) subject of permission; these are just good ol' boys who would not have any problems with me taking photos. A small operation as opposed to Enron or whatever. I will ask in person during business hours. Even if they say no; I now know what I am looking for and I also know that the chances of anyone seeing me or being caught are pretty slim. Famous last words. A good idea would be to set up a Jailed Photographers Bail Fund. If everyone chipped in a dollar... we may be able to free our brothers whose only crime was creating art.

craig said:
A good idea would be to set up a Jailed Photographers Bail Fund. If everyone chipped in a dollar... we may be able to free our brothers whose only crime was creating art.

Well that's a good idea!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back