What's new

Industrial Long Exposure

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 16, 2007
Messages
503
Reaction score
1
Location
East Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wanted to shoot these draglines at night just to see what kinda results I could get.I dont know if you have ever seen a dragline up close but they are MASSIVE!! The buckets on these thing are larger than most peoples Garage. I was about 200 yards(meters for my friends outside the states) away when I took this at 50mm I think.


Any way let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions as how to make these better.

#1 There is a second one in the background

dragline.jpg


#2 This is the Power Plant that the Mine feeds.

Pirky.jpg
 
First of all, these shots are COOL. Second of all, what's a drag line?
 
First of all, these shots are COOL. Second of all, what's a drag line?

Draglines are large excavators used in the mining idustry to remove all the dirt atop the coal in the ground.they use that boom to suspend the bucket and then use large cables to "drag" the bucket accross the ground and scrape away the earth.I will go back out there one day and get some daytime shots and try to get something in there for some scale reference.

#1

DSC05438.jpg


#2 Crop and highlight to show a spare bucket and if you look to the left you can see some of the heavy equipment sitting there and how it relates to the spare bucket.

DSC05438crop.jpg
 
I'll have to send in pictures of the coal mover in Ashtabula Harbor... Now thats a big machine :D

Nice pics :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom