What's new

industry

Not trolling, but are they supposed to be out of focus?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
Not trolling, but are they supposed to be out of focus?

first not so much or too much. second is close to what I wanted and third I didn't think It would hurt anything. Not so much going for detail here but mood. Dark, cold, harsh. I have considered retaking them if more in focus and detail would improve that but I don't think it really would? I didn't use a tripod for these and wasn't concerned with the detail but looking for effect? pondering ways to make them colder or harsher looking though. I actually like this concept. its right up my alley. First pictures i've enjoyed taking in a long time. Take this over taking pictures of animals and streams any day. could go more in focus, clearer but not sure if that is the result I want from these
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
bump....
so. no one has any comments over these pics other than questionable focus?
 
In all honesty they look like snap shots where not a lot of time/effort was put into making good photographs. The subject matter is mundane, they are all blurred or out of focus, and they do not interest me (the viewer). Keep shooting!

Best,
Jake
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
In all honesty they look like snap shots where not a lot of time/effort was put into making good photographs. The subject matter is mundane, they are all blurred or out of focus, and they do not interest me (the viewer). Keep shooting!

Best,
Jake
Thanks. Maybe I didn't pull off what I was looking for then. im not giving up on the buildings, but maybe I mind find a different aspect to shoot them.
 
In all honesty they look like snap shots where not a lot of time/effort was put into making good photographs. The subject matter is mundane, they are all blurred or out of focus, and they do not interest me (the viewer). Keep shooting!

Best,
Jake
Thanks. Maybe I didn't pull off what I was looking for then.

Just keep shooting, and remember that this forum is here as a support. I myself have learned immense amounts of information here. What were these photos shot with? What were your settings? It looks like you were using too slow of a shutter speed, and that's why the shots look oof or blurry.

Best,
Jake
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
In all honesty they look like snap shots where not a lot of time/effort was put into making good photographs. The subject matter is mundane, they are all blurred or out of focus, and they do not interest me (the viewer). Keep shooting!

Best,
Jake
Thanks. Maybe I didn't pull off what I was looking for then.

Just keep shooting, and remember that this forum is here as a support. I myself have learned immense amounts of information here. What were these photos shot with? What were your settings? It looks like you were using too slow of a shutter speed, and that's why the shots look oof or blurry.

Best,
Jake
Does fine in the light, at night takes some work...
To have totally clear photos at night takes a tripod and a long exposure. These were taken at just short of midnight last night while I was out plowing.
Nikon coopix 520. I really have to slow down the shutter in the dark it has very limited low light capabilities. iso 400 f4.9 4 seconds. shorter than four too dark. exposure + .3 5.3 focal. Noise reduction high. I was basically standing right next to it. clearer I would have had to use a tripod to prevent camera shake drop it to 200 (does better there) lower the ap to maybe high three and back up to let in more light. could then probably lower the noise reduction to normal (does better there) and go for a longer exposure.
 
Thanks. Maybe I didn't pull off what I was looking for then.

Just keep shooting, and remember that this forum is here as a support. I myself have learned immense amounts of information here. What were these photos shot with? What were your settings? It looks like you were using too slow of a shutter speed, and that's why the shots look oof or blurry.

Best,
Jake
Does fine in the light, at night takes some work...
To have totally clear photos at night takes a tripod and a long exposure. These were taken at just short of midnight last night while I was out plowing.
Nikon coopix 520. I really have to slow down the shutter in the dark it has very limited low light capabilities. iso 400 f4.9 4 seconds. shorter than four too dark. exposure + .3 5.3 focal. Noise reduction high. I was basically standing right next to it. clearer I would have had to use a tripod to prevent camera shake drop it to 200 (does better there) lower the ap to maybe high three and back up to let in more light. could then probably lower the noise reduction to normal (does better there) and go for a longer exposure.

Did you have access to a tripod?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Just keep shooting, and remember that this forum is here as a support. I myself have learned immense amounts of information here. What were these photos shot with? What were your settings? It looks like you were using too slow of a shutter speed, and that's why the shots look oof or blurry.

Best,
Jake
Does fine in the light, at night takes some work...
To have totally clear photos at night takes a tripod and a long exposure. These were taken at just short of midnight last night while I was out plowing.
Nikon coopix 520. I really have to slow down the shutter in the dark it has very limited low light capabilities. iso 400 f4.9 4 seconds. shorter than four too dark. exposure + .3 5.3 focal. Noise reduction high. I was basically standing right next to it. clearer I would have had to use a tripod to prevent camera shake drop it to 200 (does better there) lower the ap to maybe high three and back up to let in more light. could then probably lower the noise reduction to normal (does better there) and go for a longer exposure.

Did you have access to a tripod?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a tripod. I don't carry it around with me. I despise using it. I used it for family portraits a couple weeks ago, about it.. I usually put the camera on the car and use the car for a tripod but didn't want to shut the truck off last night and the camera didn't like the vibration from it running much at all. That first shot though, I couldnt use the truck for a tripod on that one anyway because of the angle. Other two I could have maybe I should have...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom