Infrared Photography....

sarahashleyphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got my Canon Rebel XT back from being converter to infrared!! Most of these were shot with my Asahi 50mm 1.4. Sadly I cant use my extension rings with my lenses or my 28-105mm because of a communication error.

3754270067_cacc4aa1ed.jpg

3754384989_27549e91bc.jpg

3754270179_a6f51dcf06.jpg

He was wearing a black shirt =P

3755170116_186f52309d.jpg

3755170236_659c22fb79.jpg

3754395137_73168b60f2.jpg

Congrats on the conversion. Its a fun new world in IR. I use a xti with the mod (Deep B&W) filter on the sensor, It is so thin that it leeks a little visible light.

The in cam meter is off by two stops most of the time (underexposed). Strobe use with it is a blast. The sekonic meter is correct every time so no need to add the two stops.

If you put a red,green and blue gell over the strobe it blocks the visible for most part but will not stop the IR light.

Candid Flash use

You can also use the light leeking to advantage with use of the gells.

Enjoy

Dan

Congrats on the conversion. Its a fun new world in IR. I use a xti with the mod (Deep B&W) filter on the sensor, It is so thin that it leeks a little visible light.

The in cam meter is off by two stops most of the time (underexposed). Strobe use with it is a blast. The sekonic meter is correct every time so no need to add the two stops.

If you put a red,green and blue gell over the strobe it blocks the visible for most part but will not stop the IR light.

Candid Flash use

You can also use the light leeking to advantage with use of the gells.

Enjoy

Dan

Ew light leeks. So glad I havent had any problems like that.

Ew light leeks. So glad I havent had any problems like that

Its not a problem, more of a characteristic. Perhaps leek is the wrong word. A little transmittance of visible (mostly blue) mixed with the IR.

Look at the blue items marked with a V in this image straight from cam with only a crop.
IMG_0725.jpg

i love all the pics except the one of the man on the bench - not a fan of the purple hair! the first one is VERY nice!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back