jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From my walk at LLELA today. It hit 100F/37.8C while I was out there, and at 17:30 its 102F/38.9. Lovely weather we are having here in North Texas. :)

1 Ringed Paper Wasp in flight
jun11202203 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 ringed Paper Wasp on the water
jun11202204 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Eastern Pondhawk with cool goggles
jun11202205 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 Urban Digger Bee approaching Pickerelweed in bloom
jun11202206 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Very nice set, Jeff. That wasp looks like he was dying to be in that water with the way he's all sprawled out. Hot indeed, be careful out there, hydrate before you go out.

Very nice set, Jeff. That wasp looks like he was dying to be in that water with the way he's all sprawled out. Hot indeed, be careful out there, hydrate before you go out.
Thanks! I take a 2 liter camelback when I go out on hot days, and I hydrate prior.
Great set!
Thanks!

I'm having a tough time picking a favorite, Jeff. These are interesting shots with great colors. But I'm going to go with #4 because I like how you caught the bee approaching the flower. The bee is sharp but the wings are just blurry enough to let you know what is going on. How long were you out capturing these?

I'm having a tough time picking a favorite, Jeff. These are interesting shots with great colors. But I'm going to go with #4 because I like how you caught the bee approaching the flower. The bee is sharp but the wings are just blurry enough to let you know what is going on. How long were you out capturing these?
Thanks! I like #4 as well, and there is another post with the same critter, but face on. We were out in the heat for about three hours.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back