jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took a quick lunchtime walk today, because I haven't been walking enough. Even though it was overcast, I grabbed some quick shots of the thistles in bloom.

1 Bee and Beetle on a Texas Thistle
jun03202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Sonoran Bumble Bee approaching a Texas Thistle
jun03202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Sonoran Bumble Bee on Texas Thistle
jun03202203 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 Eastern Carpenter Bee on a Hall's Thistle
jun03202204 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Real nice set, Jeff, very sharp! what lens did you use for these?

BTW, I like your signature, I'm not real familiar with that series, "the Prisoner", but it did remind me of "Secret Agent Man" that I watched a little of as a kid. I think Secret Agent man was a spin off of it.

Real nice set, Jeff, very sharp! what lens did you use for these?

BTW, I like your signature, I'm not real familiar with that series, "the Prisoner", but it did remind me of "Secret Agent Man" that I watched a little of as a kid. I think Secret Agent man was a spin off of it.
Thanks! I used the Tamron 18-400mm. It's nice and lightweight, and I'm limited on how much time I can take for lunch, so it is the perfect all around lens. Along with The Prisoner, I'm also a Get Smart and Man from U.N.C.L.E. fan.

Thanks! I used the Tamron 18-400mm. It's nice and lightweight, and I'm limited on how much time I can take for lunch, so it is the perfect all around lens. Along with The Prisoner, I'm also a Get Smart and Man from U.N.C.L.E. fan.
I watched those also. My favorite secret agent though was "Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp." 😂 I used to laugh so hard watching that goofy show.

Great set! Love purple. #2 is my favorite. I had Man from U.N.C.L.E. playing cards as a child.
Thanks! Someone must have gone crazy spreading the seeds, because I have never seen so many thistles growing out here. #2 was a lucky shot, and the bee was almost too blury, but I was able to rescue it somewhat with SharpenAI.
Very nice!
Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back