photographerSam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
who1s5am.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I hope the title caught your attention because this post won't be as interesting as the title. I mean who needs the actual post, it's all about the title you know.

Anyways, my name is Sam. I found this forum simply by looking up "photography forumn" (I spelled it exactly like this) and clicking the first link. I clicked a bunch of post to see what it was like and decided to make an account and make this message here.

I own a Canon Rebel XT - silver with (I think) a 30-80mm lens and a 300-500mm telephoto lens (neither are very high quality, but they do their job). I also own a Nexus 6 which I think the HDR mode on this smartphone is crazy amazing.

This is sort of irrelevant to the actual post since it details my DSLR's history.
I came across my DSLR by receiving it from a old pastor of mine for free. Yes, I said free, which was amazing because at the time I was constantly taking photos nonstop with my little Samsung P&S. The lens it came with was a standard kit lens, however, the motor for the AF was broken. For almost a year, I took photos in manual mode in various locations/settings (day, night, indoor, outdoor, etc...). You can imagine the difficulty especially if you were a novice at the time, however on a side note, I would like to say, I always explore every inch of anything I purchase with electronics. I joined the yearbook club at my high school and managed to come across the two lens I have currently. The yearbook advisor at the time offered me to take them since the were switching over to Nikon from the Canon Rebel iXTs so they had no use for them anymore. That's how I got my lens for free as well. Now I take photos mainly in Programmable mode just for efficiency sake and would switch over to manual if I wanted something specific.
I wouldn't call myself an avid photographer as much I did before and have, in my opinion, a good amount of experience. I say a "good amount of experience" because of the story above, but if you didn't the very short summary is that I took photos in manual for a long time since the AF on a lens I use to own was broken.

I currently do not take as many photos I do with my Canon Rebel XT and prefer my Nexus 6 currently. I have a website on deviantArt with a couple of my photos I uploaded (they're sort of editted) which you can find here: DEVIANTART.

I had a huge amount of RAWS from time I had my DSLR, but I was ignorant and didn't back up 2-3 years worth of photos in other storage options after purchasing my 1TB WD external HDD at the time because I was really busy. I end up losing all my RAWS and personal photos due to a HDD malfunction. This honestly was a huge blow to my passion and I've struggled to back to DSLR. I pretty much stick to my phone now. Google cloud storage option is my savior!

So more about me, I am Asian, specifically Korean. I currently am a Full-time college student and I am going to South Korea for the summer. Hopefully I will get a lot of photos eh? My hobbies/interest are wide and various, but I usually list Computers/electronics and Photography.

I'm hoping I'll be able to stay active and post a lot in the community!

photographerSam

Attachments

• 10173487_4139073730728_362589697_n.jpg
    10173487_4139073730728_362589697_n.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 138

Most reactions

New Topics

Back