Inside Cobh Cathedral

One vote for bringing up the shadows or even doing HDR at this location, to try and get some detail in the pews.

No, sir, Parker219, this is perfect just the way it is. The reason I say that is because the light in this shot seems exactly as one would see it in person, and an HDR version would most likely render the scene "cartoonish" as I have seen in far too many HDR edits.

(edit) Nominated for POTM, December, 2015.

Reasons: This shot could have been edited to become an HDR, but just as it is, it is just as one would expect to find as one would enter the Cathedral. The light values are well represented, and in a wide range. The shot shows the important parts and downplays the less important parts. It seems perfectly composed along the centerline of the nave, and includes the side aisles as they are well illuminated.

Last edited:
All by myselffffff

I did an edit on my computer that turned out really good and didn't look cartoonish.

All by myselffffff

I did an edit on my computer that turned out really good and didn't look cartoonish.
Could we see it?

Sure.

OP Original post -

23476595446_1aa5b6d481_b-2.jpg

My Edit -

23476595446_1aa5b6d481_b-edit.jpg

Oh, that's nice, Parker219! Not cartoonish at all! And very realistic! Thank you!

That edit is great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, sir, Parker219, this is perfect just the way it is. The reason I say that is because the light in this shot seems exactly as one would see it in person, and an HDR version would most likely render the scene "cartoonish" as I have seen in far too many HDR edits.

(edit) Nominated for POTM, December, 2015.

Reasons: This shot could have been edited to become an HDR, but just as it is, it is just as one would expect to find as one would enter the Cathedral. The light values are well represented, and in a wide range. The shot shows the important parts and downplays the less important parts. It seems perfectly composed along the centerline of the nave, and includes the side aisles as they are well illuminated.

Thanks for the nomination, that's a first for me

I prefer the OP's image over the edit. Both are nice though and for different reasons. The edit is nice because it shows more detail, but what I prefer about the Op's image is it captures more of the true ambiance of a cathedral interior. I look at it and feel solitude and quiet. jmho. :)

I don't ever do hdr, but lightroom has the setting so I tried this. I must say that its not my type of edit but I am surprised at how a photo can be cooked. I prefer my original photo, even though its not great,as the cathedral was dark inside

Cobh Cathedral -not sure? edit by jaomul, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back