Inside the Clock (redo)

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went back and added some colored light and cropped in closer. I think all the suggestions helped although my angle holding one of the lights created a hot spot on the cable. (my bad)
I know this is B&W gallery but the color pic is just for side by side comparison to see which looks best.

1153-clock-gears--(2)-f.jpg

1153-clock-gears-B&W-(3)-f.jpg

I think I prefer the B+W to be honest.

Also like the B&W better, what a cool looking clock

I like the color version best. I think it adds a depth and clarity to each component of the clock that is lacking in the B&W version. The large flat cable that runs through the foreground of the shot is an (to me) unattractive gray, while in the color version, it's a nice complementary orange to the blue/purple it runs closest to. It adds more visual interest to the subject matter.

My two cents. :)

I'm glad you re-shot this. Add my vote for color. I think you added interest with the colored lights. Nice work.

Both have their strengths. Color has more depth and draws me in to the mechanics of the clock.

I like this much better than the original. More is in focus and I can get into the clock details much better. And no, I can't choose between color and B&W. I think the addition of the colored lights makes it quite intriguing. But I also like the B&W.

I think I prefer the B+W to be honest.
Also like the B&W better, what a cool looking clock
I like the color version best. I think it adds a depth and clarity to each component of the clock that is lacking in the B&W version. The large flat cable that runs through the foreground of the shot is an (to me) unattractive gray, while in the color version, it's a nice complementary orange to the blue/purple it runs closest to. It adds more visual interest to the subject matter.

My two cents. :)
I'm glad you re-shot this. Add my vote for color. I think you added interest with the colored lights. Nice work.
Both have their strengths. Color has more depth and draws me in to the mechanics of the clock.
I like this much better than the original. More is in focus and I can get into the clock details much better. And no, I can't choose between color and B&W. I think the addition of the colored lights makes it quite intriguing. But I also like the B&W.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the feed back and compliments. What a great bunch!

I like the color version. The purple and orange compliment each other and pops.

For me it is a toss up. The color added depth but the black and white shows detail.

I may be alone in this, but I have always found b&w seems to brings out more detail, perhaps because my mind is not distracted by color.

Anyway, they are both good shots and an interesting if not unique subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back