inspection

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. here, a superior officer inspects a soldier and his weapon prior to taking post:

24468814-L.jpg

24468813-L.jpg

24471371-L.jpg

24471372-L.jpg

ready to take his post

24471374-L.jpg

thanks for looking!

JonMikal, this is a wonderful series you've captured here. Nice sharp, crisp photos with a wonderful depth of field. I was in DC back in the fall when I took a trip to Maine and watched the guard for quite a while. I apparently just missed the changing of the guard though :( I'm going to have to make another trip to try to see all the wonderful shots that you've posted.

I know this is a very highly regarded and honored position, but I kept wondering how bored they must get and what they thought about all day.

really love all of them, but 2,4,5 are great....the second one is just overwhelming....

great job, jonmikal....you just dont realize how awesome your stuff is....

Great job! I like #2.....Good moment!
The last photo....It's good if we can see his eyes I think
BTW....They are featurely!

I agree the second is superb!!! You have a way of capturing expressions that most don't. The conversions are great as usual...and really set a mood for each of these. Wonderful series Jon!!!

really love these shots....damn Jon....how do you not rake it in with photos like this...I dunno...you make me jelous....:p Only messin, but they are increadibly good, and im not joking about think you should be paid for these shots...maybe the guard would like to buy them?

I don't know how to top what others have already said. Absolutly Spectacular!

jamie

Everthing they said double time jonmikal! brilliantly exposed faces against the black uniforms, spot on . :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is a great series Jon (Michael or whatever we're supposed to call you now :mrgreen:)

For a guy who used to say he wasn't much for taking people pictures ... you're doing a damn fine job of it as of late :D

Most reactions

Back