Instant preview displayed on tv?

robb01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in the process of setting up a studio, and what I'd like is to have a 42" tv that displays the photos as I take them. Just something neat to have so the person can instantly see the photos.

I'm thinking just a simple mini-hdmi to hdmi cable would work. Basically just hooking the camera up to the tv, would this work as basically a larger screen, so the client sees what i would typically see on the back of the camera screen after taking a photo?

Different strokes, I want a "techy" feel in my studio

I would think it is just a matter of tethering your camera to a computer then using a cable to use the tv as your monitor

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

I would think it is just a matter of tethering your camera to a computer then using a cable to use the tv as your monitor
That would work, but I think there's an easier way.

You should be able to just connect the video out port on the camera directly to the TV, and then just enable the 2 or 5 second (however long it is) preview after taking each picture.

...I haven't actually tried that, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. Works fine for menus, image reviewing and such - I don't see how the after picture previews would be any different. I'll try it out later today...

The only problem I see with that is that either the TV would have to be very close, or you would have to find a long enough cord with the right connectors on each end. You could always just make the cord out of two other cords though... I have done that before and it worked fine.

I guess the 'proper' way to do that would be to go to RadioShack or something and buy the connectors you need and some wire.

I bought a 15 foot mini hdmi to hdmi cable, cost 6.50 so wont be out anything if it doesn't work

Well if you have a Canon i would recommend using the EOS Utility. As soon as you take a pic it comes up in a preview box and stays there until you take the next pic. You have to have it connected to a laptop but i guess that shouldn't be much of a problem

Just an update, this worked great, it displays basically what is on the camera lcd on the tv, I'm going to call it "instant proofing".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back