Instrumental music appreciation thread

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I rarely listen to music with lyrics anymore. It takes immense lyrical talent to really strike my interest. So I've developed quite a fondness for various types of instrumental music. I was curious to see if anyone else had the same appreciation.

What I've been listening to lately:

Com Truise. NJ based producer who has heavy 80's inspired synths and great drum lines. Get in your Delorean.

I have to make a few more posts, as the number of video links is limited to a whole singular one.

What I'm hoping for in this thread is for more people to post their favorite instrumental artists or tracks! So do it!

Go clubbing like a baby seal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mogwai. The purveyors of epicness. From multiple accounts, they are the loudest band to hear live, ever. They're a Scottish band with PHd's in tension building and terrifyingly climactic finishes to their work.

Slow Magic. Recently found out about him because he was featured on an El Ten Eleven remix album. Currently pioneering the "Glo-Fi/Chillwave" genre, he's got a very unique sound. Very fun, very summery.

sometimes I just prefer the classics.

Flying Lotus. A descendent of the Coltrane family. He is heavily influenced by Jazz, and various cultural rhythms. Primarily an electronic producer, but he also uses live instrumentation from his Jazz friends from time to time. He's is also strongly influenced by the Producer J Dilla (or J Dee) who produced his final album "Donuts" on his death bed, and also included many hidden meanings in the final record. As I am sure FlyLo does as well. This video in particular is extremely abstract, and very worth the watch. It will make you think.

Oh, it was also shot exclusively on 35mm film.

Iannis Xenakis's stuff is pretty cool.

Personally I rarely listen to lyrics as words - I far prefer instrumental works or works where the vocal is non-english (and is thus just like another instrument to my ears).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back