Interested in reading my book? (Need Gamma Readers)

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As some of you may be aware, I'm working on a book. Right now I'm in the last editing pass before I send it off to agents in earnest, and I'm looking for some fresh eyes to give it a once over.

This is what the book is about:

Candace is a career antiquities thief who is killed, and finds herself conscripted as the angelic Assassin of God. She is charged with redeeming her sins on Earth by executing those who have slipped through the mortal system of justice. She is armed with her experience as a cat burglar, combat training provided by the Archangel Michael, and an ancient sword. The reward if she succeeds is ascension to Heaven. The penalty for failure is an eternity in the fires of Hell.

She discovers, however, that being an angel is not all she had assumed, and that she is bound by a bizarre contract that severely limits her options. The people she works with in Purgatory despise her, and her strong convictions against killing, and crushing fear of flying, are significant obstacles in her path. As if that wasn’t enough, the man she has fallen in love with appears on her list of assignments.

What I'm looking for from reviewers:

• Generally, do you like it, love it, or hate it
  • What works?
  • What doesn't work?
  • Did anything confuse you?
  • How do you feel about the characters?
  • Any quality or language issues that stood out?
  • Anything that stood out, good or bad.

The book should be fairly near complete, so this shouldn't be a thorough editing grind so much as a "Sit down and read, hopefully enjoy the book, and keep a notepad nearby so you can jot down notes when you bump into them."

If you're interested, let me know, and PM me with your email address so I can send you the book.

Thanks!

-Chris

If we read it before can we read it again? :D

hahaha... ummm... sure, if you like? :)

not freally my genre sorry

it isn't really you, honest. my own cousin writes books and the last one she wrote was two years ago. she has been trying to get me to read it since then but i just really have no interest.

it isn't really you, honest. my own cousin writes books and the last one she wrote was two years ago. she has been trying to get me to read it since then but i just really have no interest.

bribrius... This thread wasn't addressed to you, specifically. I'm no more offended that you won't read it than I am at anyone who just didn't send me a PM and say "yup, me!"

Awesome! Glad to have you on board, Pete.

(and lol Barb) :)

I'll be very curious to hear reactions. It has come a long way even since the beta. Barb will almost be getting a new book. :)

Heck I'll give it a try - so long as its under the understanding that I'm a very slow and easily distracted re -- oh shiny thing!

Most reactions

Back