Interior wide angle shooting

rangek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Everyone was kind enough to help me pick a wide lens in my first thread, but now i need to complete the package....not that i will know how to use this stuff when it comes in.....

Heres what i already own:
Gitzo 5540LS
Gitzo 2180 Fluid head

Heres what I hope to be picking up monday from "DigitalCorp" (local) or Ordering from BeachCamera:

D80
Nikkor 18-200mm VR II
SB-800 Flash
Sigma 10-20mm

And now my questions

1. using the Sigma for the wide angle I think i need to use the flash off camera....should i use a wired cable or the 30$ wireless on ebay

2. Do i just handhold the flash / do you have a link to a thread telling me how to use this setup

3. what kind of Quick Disconnect do i need to mount the Cam to my head

4. what kind of remote trigger cable can i use when shooting on the tripod

5. Did i forget anything?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

I use a cable and hand hold the flash for things like bounce flash. Most people use the commander mode which will require you to buy nothing more at all. I find the commander mode fussy and difficult to set up and even harder to get rid of so I used a cable.

Most likely you can use your finger to trip the shutter and certainly you can do that with flash shots. If you get some softness then you can buy a little remote for $15 from Nikon.

But you didn't forget anything critical except for the memory card.

I would add a light stand/umbrella set up such as the one described at strobist.com. If you don't want to go with the umbrella then look into a flash defuser.

What FMW didn't tell you is that he's a pro (I did get that right, didn't I FMW?) and needs to get his shooting done in a timely fashion and then on to the next thing.

Using the comander mode does take a little time but is very handy and you don't have to keep up with extra gear.

mike

I just checked out strobist....tons of info....why is that every hobby i get into is wayyyyyyyyyyyy more complicated than it first seems?

Thank you everone for helping, this site has been a great resource for me already.....I do appreciate your time.....Any other hints I might need?

Most reactions

Back