Internal Conflict

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It has been a while since I posted anything, so I figured I'd jump back in with both feet...

The semester is finally over....
I had three studio classes this semester. I took studio lighting, Digital/Color Photography II, and I was an intern/TA for one of the intro to photography classes.
I can't share my final project from my studio class here with you because I shot it on film and printed it in lith. I haven't gotten around to scanning the prints just yet, but I can share my final from my Digital/Color II class with you.

I'm rather proud of this one not only for the content but because I was actually able to pull it off. I spent most of my time working on my studio project because of the time intensive nature of lith printing.
I spent about 90 hours in the darkroom and kept falling behind on my digital project. I finished the darkroom work just three days before everything was due for both classes.
This digital project was photographed, edited, and printed in less than 72 hours...no I didn't sleep much.

The concept is internal conflict...that is conflict within yourself. Internal conflict is an intangible thing. We all struggle with decisions, or beat ourselves up for making the wrong decision. Some of us are full of self loathing, blah blah, blah...I thought it would be neat if I could take an intangible thing like "Internal Conflict" and make it tangible....
Some of it is serious, some of it is humorous, all of it is me.
I am the model in all of these images and I am the only person to appear in all images. There were no stand ins.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

This last one is a link rather than an image because I wanted to give you the opportunity to not see it. I don't want to be responsible for anyone gouging out their own eyeballs. There is nudity...and yes, it is me, but it isn't full frontal Efergoh. I do promise that it will be the funniest thing you see all day.

http://www.amhphotography.com/images/d2/7.jpg

Dammit. I posted this in the wrong forum...
Would a moderator be so kind as to move this to the General Gallery?

these are awesome dude. id love to know how u produce effects like that. (aka, how the hell do u get yourself into 3 positions in the same photo?)

#1 & #7 are my favorites. Great work on all of them, but those are the two that stand out to me.

I think #3 would be much stronger if it was shot in a different location... Something more hostile.

Last edited:
Very interesting series! Good stuff :) And you're right: some serious, and some humorous.

these are awesome dude. id love to know how u produce effects like that. (aka, how the hell do u get yourself into 3 positions in the same photo?)

I would think that he is using a tripod, takes a picture, doesn't move the camera and goes to change, takes another and so on.
The rest would be making each picture a different layer in PS and then putting them together?

Nice series!

I would think that he is using a tripod, takes a picture, doesn't move the camera and goes to change, takes another and so on.
The rest would be making each picture a different layer in PS and then putting them together?

Nice series!
That is pretty much it. No hidden secrets....

Camera + tripod + timer or remote.

Open all images, layer them on top of one another, create layer masks and use the eraser tool to reveal the images underneath...flatten, adjust levels, crop as needed, and save.

Most reactions

Back