International Society of Photographers

Bafana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the above is dodgy at all...I received an email from someone at photomuseum.com explaining that one of my photos won an award and I would be receiving some stuff. Thing that sets the alarms off is that they want $169 for:

"to cover the costs of the time and effort required to present your photography...and to cover the costs incurred in insuring and shipping to you these extremely bulky and heavy awards."

Since when do you pay for winning anything?

Anyway they had the convention over in washington so I thought maybe someone might know a thing or two about this :confused:

Yep I myself entered this contest about a year ago before I knew nothing...then got the letter in the mail saying the pic would be published in a book for 80 bucks. I researched and found that it was a scam. Most people never get their book and if they do then it is filled with some good and some crappy pics b/c loads of people just enter family snapshots or worse pics in there. The newest part of the scam is to say they want to send you a trophy and that it will cost you 170 bucks or so. It taught me to always be cautious that's for sure, but loads of people have gotten jipped, be aware!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back