What's new

International Space Station between Moon and Jupiter

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
9,713
Reaction score
204
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's what happens when I can't sleep at night. Ok that's a lie. I set my alarm for this one. Astrostu you'll like this.

The ISS rarely passes over Brisbane quite so nicely as it did this morning, and then it so far hasn't passed directly between the Moon and Jupiter, so I just had to get up and take this shot.

I wish I had a 10mm. By the way in case you're wondering, the slow fade in of the ISS into the frame is because it left the earth shadow. The frame was started 20 seconds before the ISS was due to become visible and ended just after if left the frame edge.

3719458327_ff88d58748_o.jpg


Thanks for looking.
 
Pretty neat! I've gotten one trail from the ISS before, but I deleted it 3 years ago (after taking it) since all it was was, well, a light trail.

I may edit out the green lens flare from your image, but otherwise I'm not sure what else you could do.
 
Wow, I never ever seen one. Probably because of my location.
I am just wondering, what would a IR filter done here....
 
Yeah astrostu. I'm hanging out for a 10mm. As fantastic as the event is the image ends up a bit boring without any actual content in it.

Canosonic the ISS makes multiple visible passes over Bonn per day ISS - Visible Passes Check out the one on the 20th That should be a good one. The IR filter wouldn't have done much here, maybe darken the sky slightly if I had a modified DSLR, but the ISS is just an object reflecting sunlight. It wouldn't look any different than any other silver object through an IR filter.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom