International Space Station transit of the sun

Holy cow, extremely cool, and very well planned out. I know absolutely nothing about astrophotography, but I’m wondering if photographing the sun at this magnification could damage a sensor? I don’t see myself aiming by D850 at the sun anytime soon

Great timing, great shot.

Holy cow, extremely cool, and very well planned out. I know absolutely nothing about astrophotography, but I’m wondering if photographing the sun at this magnification could damage a sensor? I don’t see myself aiming by D850 at the sun anytime soon

There are special filters used on telescopes to make viewing and photography safe. There are some that are NOT safe, so one needs to be very very very careful.

There are some that are NOT safe, so one needs to be very very very careful.

I was in a camera shop a few days before the last major eclipse, and they were getting calls for the necessary filter at the rate of a couple an hour.

I was also in the same shop a few days after the event and they were getting calls from people complaining that something was wrong with their camera after shooting the eclipse with it.

Awesome shot and GIF!

Terrific job! This would be fun to print and hang on the wall - it's gorgeous in its own right, but knowing that you made it work so well has to be very satisfying.

Great work!

Now if we could get them to hold a sign out of the window. Nice photo! =]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back