Internet Explorer - major security problem change browers now

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been using Firefox on XP and OSX for quite some time. I stopped using IE many moons ago for a number of reasons. I'm in digital advertising (Quality Assurance) and I can say, without a doubt, the most unstable and least compatible browser out there is IE6. IE7 isn't much better. The jury is still out on IE8.

If you want security, speed and compatibility with the widest variety of websites, go Firefox 3.

The upgrade from IE is seamless. During the install routine Firefox will import all of your bookmarks. About the only thing you will have to do is reenter your login credentials for the sites you frequent the most.

As was said in another forum after posting this same link....

"And in other news, water is wet!"

I wish I could switch to another browser. I use FireFox at home, but at work I'm stuck with IE.

WATER IS WET?? That explains this tingly feeling!

But anyway, I don't have much else to contribute to this conversation. IE is over the hill.

Firefox for me... Haven't had any problems, and I love the add-ons.. I use the exif viewer for Firefox all the time... That way you don't have to download the pictures.

Gotta add another recommendation for Firefox. I use it and love it. Chrome would be a nice alternative as well, very fast.

[FONT=&quot]I took your advice and it took all of about 10 minutes. Very painless going from IE to Firefox. Welcome me to the 21st century.[/FONT]

bah I tried foxy and opera - and I just can't get used to foxy. I find opera most similar to IE7 and its IE7 that I am used to.
Honestly this is the only time I have really switched since its the only time (that I recall) where microsoft have sort of said "change till we fix this". When listening to all the "this is safter than that" comments I do remind myself that any popular software gets hacked more than unpopular models - so IE and windows gets a lot more hacks just because its popular and widly used. Where Mac more widespread I bet they too would have similar problems

[FONT=&quot]I took your advice and it took all of about 10 minutes. Very painless going from IE to Firefox. Welcome me to the 21st century.[/FONT]

Awesome, you won't regret it.

any popular software gets hacked more than unpopular models - so IE and windows gets a lot more hacks just because its popular and widly used. Where Mac more widespread I bet they too would have similar problems

Maybe, maybe not. I'm far from a compuguru but I think part of the problem with IE was microsofts idea to integrate the OS and the browser (yeah I know, it was to screw netscape). I believe that would make it much easier for hackers to get access to the system by just finding one of the many security holes. I could be very wrong, but thats the impression I get.

Firefox is where the cool kids hang.

FF is a lot like being an Emo. You wear make-up and dark clothes and pretend you're always going to kill yourself because you want to stand out from the crowd. Then look around and see everyone around you is also wearing a Greenday shirt.

Opera is so much better. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back