Into the sun, lens flare effect

InfiniteZero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Working to get that cool lens flare effect when shooting into the sun. Was in Boston for a graduation and took a few pics. Any comments appreciated.

1. Street lamp - Also tried a little HDR type PP

P1020868Edit.jpg

2. Boston Holocaust Memorial

P1020615Edit.jpg

i think lens flare is regarded as bad in most cases.. though in some cases, it works very well for portraits

Photo 2 is gravy...thanks for sharing this with us...wished I lived closer to a place with tall buildings...here is my attempt at a "into-the-sun" shot (sort of):

5735154363_71ddeb6ff8_z.jpg

In my newbie opinion, photo #2 is very nicely exposed. Did you do anything special? Do you mind sharing your technique? I couldn't tell if it was flash filled or not.... but I guess that's the whole point. :D

I know in most cases you try to avoid flare, but I think for some shots it works.

I also like #2 a lot. No flash fill, just tried metering on different places till I found the sweet spot, then just a little bit of level and hue adjustment in photoshop. Also used a B+W haze filter.

Flickr is blocked at work, so I can't see your pic drex. I'll take a look at home...

Here's another shot I posted in the Landscape forum as well. Not too much traffic over there...

P1020925Edit.jpg

Its not much InfiniteZero...

I'm the Network/Systems Admin where I work...so I don't block my co-workers...just the clients...its good to be king...

Nice photos though...I like shooting into the sun as well...what I really like to do...take one friend...a sun...and place friend between camera and sun...take photo of dark silhouette and shake friend violently afterwards...the last bit is optional...

Most reactions

Back