Into Unknown

I like the mood of this shot.

Good use of foggy morning.

Thanks both. I wish I had got out just a bit earlier to take advantage of the fog more.

soooo.... what action did you use for this?

J/k

Pretty nice. HAD you gotten up earlier, you'd have been sleepier. And if the fog was heavier, you would really have a hard time seeing the next section of road, and it wouldn't have worked as well.

I think it is too grey and underexposed.

thanks, was going for moody and dark.

J/k

Pretty nice. HAD you gotten up earlier, you'd have been sleepier. And if the fog was heavier, you would really have a hard time seeing the next section of road, and it wouldn't have worked as well.

Lol, you got me! I was just starting to answer your question. Thanks. Fog is fun to shoot in. But tripod is a must!

great image, I just think it's missing a subject. In some sense I guess the road is the subject, but I think it would visually stronger with a person, a car, or something buried int he distance and mists.

Rotanimod said:
thanks, was going for moody and dark.

Yes, but the fog is grey and fog is not grey. I understand the idea of the mood and you captured it. I just think the grey fog hurts the image. Maybe just bring up the highlights it should keep the mood but whiten the fog.

pgriz said:

This looks a lot like the old-time, Photoshop 5.5-era action called the GetYer Azz Outta Bed And GoShoot InTheFog action...I mean, that's what I think it looks like, to me, but then, I could easily be wrong about that. Was that the action you used for this shot?

Derrel said:
This looks a lot like the old-time, Photoshop 5.5-era action called the GetYer Azz Outta Bed And GoShoot InTheFog action...I mean, that's what I think it looks like, to me, but then, I could easily be wrong about that. Was that the action you used for this shot?

That sounds like the action I used ;)

This is what I was thinking....just making the fog white without changing the overall lighting/mood. P.S. 10 sec edit just trying to give an idea I wouldn't say this is perfect.

Attachments

• $8157191586_884e685ddc_b.jpg
    $8157191586_884e685ddc_b.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 80

Most reactions

Back