IR from lookout.

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had another flickr meet this weekend. This time it was a bit of a flop. So many pictures taken and only 2 keepers, and they needed heavy processing.

2360072013_0d632a0a87_o.jpg

2360903012_d6d58cfbf3_o.jpg

Ghosts?!

In the first one, I like what the exposure time did to the tree.

And, I like the orange color of the second one.

great shots!!! really like them both

I like these too. My next photo adventure will be the purchase of a used XT and convert it to IR. The IR filters are tough to use.

Your shots make me want to go out and buy one of these IR filters. Great photos!

very nice work garbz, well processed too....I imagine these are taken using a filter, not with a converted camera due to the blurring of trees and people.

Yes you're right. Hoya R72 on a stock D200. Pretty much the worst possible combination since the D200 has one of the strongest lowpass filters. 15 second exposures if I remember correctly.

I wanna shoot a movie in this stuff! UV and IR recordings are so awesome looking.

Nice pics Grabz!

Hoya R72 on a stock D200. Pretty much the worst possible combination since the D200 has one of the strongest lowpass filters. 15 second exposures if I remember correctly.

BTW, do you know if the D300 or D3 is any better or worse?

I wanna shoot a movie in this stuff! UV and IR recordings are so awesome looking.

a yeah man, a movie like this would be fun as hell to create. the moods you could create!

Yup, exactly! Kinda like Vincent Ward's screen adaptation of the Richard Matheson novel "What Dreams May Come". Awesome!

A recommended read and viewing BTW if you haven't seen/read it. I think it's a 98 or 99 film - the book is late 70's.

Great work, can you tell me how you set your white balance, I noticed in another posting that you talk about working with the white balance in post processing can you explain more?
Thanks

first one is my fave
i love it
the atmosphere, the people, the city in the background
it's gorgeous

Most reactions

Back