What's new

Iris

That has great detail!
 
The flower is nice and I like the detail that you have in the petals, but, I agree with IzzieK, the background sort of kills the shot. When I shoot flowers I try to shoot against a background that is a complimentary colour, in this case it would a shade of yellow, or I would try and take the background out of focus as much as possible, so that little if any detail can be seen in the background.

WesternGuy
 
Thanks all. I'll try something different.
 
The flower is nice and I like the detail that you have in the petals, but, I agree with IzzieK, the background sort of kills the shot. When I shoot flowers I try to shoot against a background that is a complimentary colour, in this case it would a shade of yellow, or I would try and take the background out of focus as much as possible, so that little if any detail can be seen in the background.

WesternGuy

I don't think the background totally kills the shot. It would be nicer if you blurred the background more. What aperture did you shoot with?
 
Beautiful Iris photo :)
 
A really beautiful shot and details.
 
The flower is nice and I like the detail that you have in the petals, but, I agree with IzzieK, the background sort of kills the shot. When I shoot flowers I try to shoot against a background that is a complimentary colour, in this case it would a shade of yellow, or I would try and take the background out of focus as much as possible, so that little if any detail can be seen in the background.

WesternGuy

What aperture did you shoot with?

f/10.

I am pretty much an auto focus guy so I rarely mess with aperture, shutter speed, etc. I only recently got a camera better than point and shoot. Someday I will take the time to learn these things.
 
I don't typically mess with aperture either, but with still shots that won't lose the focus, I take the time and set the aperture. With other subjects such as children or anything in motion, I use my iA feature. If the subject is still, there's nothing to worry about losing the shot because movement is minimal or non-existent. At least, that's how my own camera works. Because it's not one of the "professional" cameras, that technique is what I have to work with.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom