It's going to the west coast... Look at the shacks in PR and Virgin Islands, they hold up.

Hurricanes are big business in Florida. They scare the whole state into buying Gas, Propane, Water, PB&J, Plywood and Generators.

Total BS. I bought beer and chips.

Ahem!
Of course the 'ugly' side of a hurricane is historically the North and East side, which is the middle and East coast of Florida.

So there's that....

Again- I repeat my expression of concern. Staying put sound ultra dicey. Has a mandatory evac order issued for your neighborhood?
Evacuations are intercoastal / shore line , trailer homes and lake Okeechobee. Storm is a dud here in Palm Beach. It's already past us.

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Guess I'm tracking a different storm... Be well.

I'm not even in the "cone of death" anymore. The weather channel doesn't know when its gonna turn.

They just want to scare everyone.

First, it doesn't matter if your roof is built to withstand a Cat 4. Is it built to withstand the mobile home or vehicle that the wind carries in to it? As for the arguments that the "shacks" in Puerto Rico and VI have held up...here's a link to what is in Barbuda: Barbuda Braces for Hurricane Jose After Irma Devastation and this is what the USVI delegate to Congress had to say: ""St. Thomas and St. John are pretty devastated, we've had houses slamming into other houses." That is from USA Today by the way. It's your call whether to stay or evacuate. But don't be sanguine about this--most recent hurricanes have skipped past Florida, this one is big enough and violent enough that it looks to be worth being serious about.

Second, the eye of the hurricane may be headed up the West Coast of Florida but it is big enough that the entire hurricane will cover the East and West Coasts.

Third, the hurricane is absolutely not past Palm Beach yet. In fact, the hurricane (as of 9:56am EST) has not made the Florida mainland yet. I believe it's actually still in Cuba.

Third, the hurricane is absolutely not past Palm Beach yet. In fact, the hurricane (as of 9:56am EST) has not made the Florida mainland yet. I believe it's actually still in Cuba.[/QUOTE]

This is big business in FL. The storm is past me. Please it should be illegal what the news does. The local channel here speeds up the video so it looks
worse. Pathetic.
Current longitude 79°36'00.0"W
My longitude 80.0534'W
Unless this sucker makes a massive sharp turn...LOL
Good luck west coast. The evacuees are evacuating back home to the east coast!

Stay safe. And for those who do have opportunities to get photos, please share them. But remember, pictures can be replaced, you can't.

We were seriously considering a condo on Marco Island last year. Glad cooler heads prevailed LOL Beautiful area that I hope survives the onslaught!!

20170910_102710.jpg

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Looks like it's getting ugly southwest of you which puts West Palm in the northeast quadrant of the storm. Everything still OK in your area?

None of these photos are mine. But they are a pretty good set of photos from the ground of the set of destruction that Irma is leaving: Photos: what Hurricane Irma’s destruction looks like on the ground

Also, what would make for some dramatic photos: there have been tornado and waterspout sightings in West Palm, Hollywood, and Ft. Lauderdale.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back