Is bigger always better, is there a point where things just get silly???

I'm not sure if Canon still makes those...I heard that they were only 'made to order' anyway. They were so expensive that only a very few actually had them. I'm surprised that is says 10 day delivery.

These days, most will just use a 600mm F4 with a 2X TC.

If you want to see another whale of a lens, check out the 'SigMonster'.

That's the one I was thinking of...much bigger than the Sigmonster.

Yeah, we all need to walk around with those lens-monsters. If anything, its a great way to lose weight (at least until your back gives out)... lol.

It might be huge....but it's also medium format...so it won't have the same reach as if it were a 35mm lens. It'd be cool if it was though.

Yep! But in terms of physical size, it wins easily. On a Hasselbad (6x6) the diagonal field of view is about 2.7 degrees. That's roughly equivalent to a 900mm on a 35mm camera. Still not too bad in terms of magnification.

lol...they are some mighty bits of glass, i like the one that comes with a mounting plater a turret :D, still... £70,000 WTF!

lol...they are some mighty bits of glass, i like the one that comes with a mounting plater a turret :D, still... £70,000 WTF!

and thats an old price, last we heard it was about £90,000

The well know American politician Tip O'Neil once said "a million here, a million there and pretty soon your talking real money." He must have been a photographer.

Most reactions

Back