Is it considered too amateur to play with pictures like this?

rodnunley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took this picture while out and about this week.

5033644926_55fb42d54e_z.jpg

I got into Lightroom and started playing with the settings and really dug making this photo look like it came right out of the 1970's.

My question is this: Is this an amateur thing to do? Is it considered bad form to play around with your pictures like this?

No, it's post processing. Pretty much everyone does it, and it won't ruin you like crystal meth if you get addicted to it.

I do it all the time but not on photos you showed. Maybe like a photo of like family picnic or baby pictures etc. You clash modern structures with color tone from the 80s.

I do it all the time but not on photos you showed. Maybe like a photo of like family picnic or baby pictures etc. You clash modern structures with color tone from the 80s.

Part of the fun for me was that clash of modern buildings with the tone shift.

I like to do the same thing was cool the way it turned out

"modern buildings"??? I think the 1970's qualify as the modern era, architecturally speaking. Anyway...the processing does give a faded color print type of feel to the image.

:) The only real amateurish thing is that the buildings are tilted in the vertical plane.

Whats the best way to correct this. I was using a tripod that was apparently a tad off and I have been having trouble getting it just right in Lightroom.

Is there a grid overlay or something I can use to help with this?

Yes, there is a grid overlay, and yes there is a straighten tool. I use Corel, so I can't tell you exactly where.

I like the processing you've done, and also agree that it doesn't clash at all... They had skyscrapers in the 70's, they weren't in mud huts...

I like it. I enjoy trying to make pictures look older. Like the one in my signature I tried to make look like one of those cheap ads from the back of a magazine with a little age to it. Good work, keep it up!

:) The only real amateurish thing is that the buildings are tilted in the vertical plane.

That is true, but I don't think it can be fixed easily. I think it's more lens distortion than camera tilt in this case.

modern structure color from 80's? im not sure if your kidding or that retarded to think those building structures are from after the 80's.

modern structure color from 80's? im not sure if your kidding or that retarded to think those building structures are from after the 80's.

I think you misunderstood the quote. We all make mistakes but you compounded it by being downright rude. In the future, please resist the urge to make comments like this. Sadly, around here it doesn't take much provocation for people to ditch their manners and behave like <bleep>s.

Just to be clear ... the tallest two buildings in this photo be built in the last five years.

If it matters.

Most reactions

Back