What's new

Is it worth adding continous lighting.

swatpup32

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
I currently own a 580 EX II and 430 EX II and I'm thinking about adding some continuous lighting. Honestly though I really don't know what to look for. I've seen a lot of light kits on eBay that are pretty cheap. Could someone recommend a product. Possible applications would be macro, light box, product photography, maybe some portrait.


I'm also looking to buy some stands and umbrellas for my speedlites.

Right now my budget is about 200$.
 
It's usually not a good idea to mix flash with continuous lighting.

For one thing, the color temp of the light is usually different, which means that you can't use a single, accurate White Balance setting...so some of the lights would give you a color cast.

Secondly, if you do use mixed light sources, you might be a lot more limited in terms of the exposure settings you can use.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom