Is it wrong?

So for all of you out there, how’s that journalism going?
Has England heard of covid yet?
Good time to shoot without anybody getting in your fotos....., heh?!
SS

So for all of you out there, how’s that journalism going?
Has England heard of covid yet?
Good time to shoot without anybody getting in your fotos....., heh?!
SS

Screenshot_20200413-203224_News Break.jpg
Safe bet they're aware of Covid-19.

UK is in full lockdown now. That started on the 23rd of March, so the OP had a few days from the initial post where the Government went from advising to instructing.

Police are now on the streets and able to issue fines for not obeying scocial distancing guidelines, not having a resonable excuse to travel. We're still allowed out for essential food shopping, to get medicine or healthcare, to exercise locally once a day for an hour or to travel to work but only if that can't be done from home. Most buisness has shut down, construction sites, bars, restaurants (though some are donating food to communtity action groups, some have re-opened as take-away only) all shut.

Card carrying jounalists I believe have got an exemption so the media can still function but a lot relying on remote interviews. So yeah, as of 23rd March it's not ok to go out to photograph empty streets.

Been 5 months now...., looks like we've been pretty much full circle!
Wonder how many here on TPF have gotten sick since we first talked about it? Wonder how many are actually dead? I'm sure we'll never know!
Stay safe out there!!!
SS

Documenting the effects of the virus on your life, town, neighborhood etc. is never a bad idea. However, given the numerous reports of weirdo's etc. people are very cautious about folks with camera running around on the streets.

Keep Austin weird. The city of Portland Oregon stole that slogan and adopted it for its own use. For the past 30 years I have frequently heard the saying "keep Portland weird".

"weirdos" are fairly common here.

I was in town today stocking up with essentials, just in case. It was like a ghost town, lots of shops had shut, including the charity shop where I volunteer. I thought it would be a great opportunity, while the city is practically empty, to go and get some photos. Is it wrong to use this current crisis as a photo opportunity? I know photographers have taken pictures in countries in a far worse state than ours at the moment, and some of those photos I think are fantastic and I feel that it is good that things like that are documented to remind us that there are people worse off than us. As far as me going into town with my camera and taking pictures of deserted streets and shopping centers, I dunno, I'm kind of sat on the fence here.
I knowSh what Dorothea Lange would say - shoot it and show it and make people see it as much as you can.

Most reactions

Back