Is membership worth it?

footballfan993

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylerwarnecke.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really like this forum, and use it more than others that I have signed up for, I'm currently not a member, but have thought about becoming one, what are the things that members can do or have access to that non-members do not? Is it really worth it? I'm also a college student, so cost is also a factor to consider. as well as the other subscription services that I pay for such as (all prices are pre-tax and monthly charges, unless noted) Adobe $9.99, Apple Music $9.99, Apple iCloud storage $0.99, Netflix $7.99, 500px $2.08. I believe that is it, but that also isn't including all of my other bills, credit cards, rent, internet, heat/gas and water.

So do you think a membership is worth the price? do you enjoy using it. or do you think you can get buy without it?

Forum membership currently gets you increased site storage on the gallery (ontop of what members have already for free) as well as increased inbox storage. You also get access to the subscribers only subsection which is a section of the site where moderation is more relaxed where guns, religion, politics and such hotbutton topics can be more freely discussed (it is not without moderation of course and site rules still apply).

Subscription does go toward helping the sites running costs such as server and other areas alongside revenue generated from the ads on site. So it also lets you give a bit back toward helping the site run and exist online.

You also used to get access to the NSFW gallery which allows tasteful nude photography; however as of a recent change that is now open to all through request. Improved Access to NSFW Gallery! | Photography Forum

Forum membership currently gets you increased site storage on the gallery (ontop of what members have already for free) as well as increased inbox storage. You also get access to the subscribers only subsection which is a section of the site where moderation is more relaxed where guns, religion, politics and such hotbutton topics can be more freely discussed (it is not without moderation of course and site rules still apply).

Subscription does go toward helping the sites running costs such as server and other areas alongside revenue generated from the ads on site. So it also lets you give a bit back toward helping the site run and exist online.

You also used to get access to the NSFW gallery which allows tasteful nude photography; however as of a recent change that is now open to all through request. Improved Access to NSFW Gallery! | Photography Forum

^Good rundown of the "benefits" of membership.
But I'll add: I'd join if there were no tangible benefits at all. $25/year = $2.08/month--TPF has provided me with a vast source of photography knowledge, a vast pool of people with different experiences and understanding--and a few relationships that have slowly migrated from online "friends I've never actually met" to people I feel comfortable and close to. WELL worth the trade of supporting the forum to me!

Thanks, Sharon! We do like to think of TPF as having exactly this kind of 'intangible value' that goes beyond added storage and the like. :)

(Still so happy to see you posting again!)

To be Honest, there not that much activity in the Subscriber's forum. And then so, not generally about photography. But it's more open to various non-photo topics if one wants to.

I've found that the value of what I've learned from this forum far outweighed a donation. A donation versus a subscription if that was what you were thinking. Not each month, nor each year for that.

Plus, they have a great burrito bar every tuesday and thursday (inside joke)

Yes because your helping a wonderful forum by your support that coast so little,I spend more on coffee in a week then what it cost a year for membership on TPF. could be why my Cholesterol is up.

I have little need for the subscriber benefits. I just feel like it's a small price to pay for the amount of knowledge I have received from the people on this forum. I also want to do my part to ensure that TPF does not go away.

If you really like the forum, helping them out with a donation (subscription fee) helps keep this site that you like so much in operation. So yes, worth it if you plan to stick around. If you don't see yourself here in a few months, probably not worth it. I subscribed when I first joined a few years ago and let it lapse, but the way I see it is that even a one time donation is still going to help.

Most reactions

Back