Is my color off here (color cast ) ????

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm tired of looking at this , yes I realize its soft ( I don't always mind softness in portraits ),

Whats buggin me is the color , is there a cast ? Doers it seen ok to you folks .

Just racking my brain . Thanks .

Ioanna by mannyher1, on Flickr

It is slightly warm, but I think it's appropriate for the image. It's often hard to know when you've got it right!

When I get into that situation, I walk away from it for about half an hour, have a cup of tea and then come back to it. Otherwise, you just go "blind" and can't decipher one correction from another!

Face skin tones are appropriate but you have some odd things going on like her hair just above her right wrist compared with the rest of her hair -- assume that's lens flair but it's not positive for the photo and I'd fix it.

Joe

More than the color, it looks like you tried really hard to lift the shadows in that shot.

Maybe it's just the way it's lit, but it looks like what happens when I try to lift the mids and shadows on the curve too high.

If you're willing to share... I'm curious as to what the original looks like. If not, I understand, but that might be part of your color issue...

More than the color, it looks like you tried really hard to lift the shadows in that shot.

Maybe it's just the way it's lit, but it looks like what happens when I try to lift the mids and shadows on the curve too high.

If you're willing to share... I'm curious as to what the original looks like. If not, I understand, but that might be part of your color issue...

Yea rose I did lift some shadows as this was back-lit . I'm thinking you're probably right. Yea I'll give you original. This is an old test, I was trying the nik software to see if I liked it or not. Pretty cool stuff I must say.

Most reactions

Back