Is the nikon Umrealla kit worth it?

I've been looking into umbrellas lately, and I think that you are paying for the Nikon name. Seems quite overpriced - or maybe I have been looking at junk?? I look forward to seeing what others have to say...

well i've decided to try a DIY project... I just went a picked up a couple of umbrellas, some tin foil and a few other things, and I'm gonna try a little home made umbrella.. I know people say that you can do it with regular umbrellas because the material is different, but I'm gonna layer the inside with tinfoil to see what happens... hey i got the afternoon off, and it cost me 8 bucks total.. if it works.. I've save myself 180 bucks... wish me luck

i have an old tripod that works as a great stand.. I have a hot shoe slave that will screw to the mount on the tripod, and the flash can go right on the hot shoe slave..

basically take any umbrella modify it for a stand or make a stand for it. Spray paint the inside white or a soft gold and the out side black,,cost of paint $2.00 at dollar store and maybe the umbrella also at around $3.00, its a cinch

Most reactions

New Topics

Back