Is there a filter wrench made to work with 62mm filters and lesnses?

wornways

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have purchased two different filter wrenches online. The first one was too small to allow me to get any kind of a grip on a reverse ring that is stuck on my Marumi 5+ close-up lens. The second one is too large to even let me get any kind of grip at all (the handles come around and meet without ever touching the ring or lens itself). Both are rated for 62mm filters and lenses, but this is clearly false advertising.

Aside from these two dysfunctional filter wrenches, I can't seem to find anything else to try. Just how does one solve this kind of problem? I've tried jar openers. I've tried rubber bands. I've tried various kinds of cloth. I've tried just about everything I can think of. No luck! It seems clearer and clearer to me that I need to find some kind of tool that is specially made for this purpose. I thought one of the filter wrenches I linked to above was going to be that tool, but no cigar.

Does anyone have any idea what I might try next? Does someone out there make a filter wrench that can actually work on 62mm filters? What do camera shops use?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
An electrical cord. Wrap it around the filter, pull it tight and turn.

Joe

Most reactions

Back