is there a good off camera flash cheaper than the 285Hv?

Foxtrot_01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have two 285Hv's that I got from overstock at $79.99 each, good deal, I also got a nissin di622 at $139.99, but the nissin cant be used with radio triggers, I want a 3rd off camera flash that is a good workhorse like the 285Hv but not as expensive, possible looking at $50's on budget. Anyone can suggest a good off camera flash that will work with PT04 radio triggers on a Canon 40D?

thank you for your help.

Any speedlight in the $50 range will not have much power, substantially reducing it's utility.

What makes you think the Nissen can't be used with radio triggers?

Hello all,
I have two 285Hv's that I got from overstock at $79.99 each, good deal, I also got a nissin di622 at $139.99, but the nissin cant be used with radio triggers, I want a 3rd off camera flash that is a good workhorse like the 285Hv but not as expensive, possible looking at $50's on budget. Anyone can suggest a good off camera flash that will work with PT04 radio triggers on a Canon 40D?

thank you for your help.

is your 285Hv's works on PT04 triggers?

that I know of the only way to use the Nissin di622 with radio triggers is by doing the mod found on the strobist website, the nissin I have its brand new and I am afraid I will damage it if I get creative. Any other ideas?
I think I tried triggering with the radio triggers and it didnt work

Which is really strange, because if it can work on the hot shoe of your camera it should work just fine on a radio receiver.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back