Is there a place that always cheers you up?

Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been rainy and gray and a hell of a week at work and I was feeling rather blah today. The boys had books due at the library and I had to circle 5 times to find a spot. Immediately upon walking into the library I felt so relaxed. It's not often I go to the library without the kids (in fact we're going back tomorrow as a family!) but I spent about 20 minutes just walking around before I had to go back into the pouring rain. Completely put me in a much better mood.

So it made me wonder, is there someplace or maybe an activity that is guaranteed to cheer you up? I think for me having my Mom's homade pasta sauce can do it pretty much every time, too!

Yeah.. there are a certain number of activities that manage to cheer me up, and going to the book store is one of them. I love to just go to Borders and browse (although, I am guaranteed to purchase at least 2 books each time).

Second, I love going to this day spa in town called Sojourn. The Spanish lady there is so metaphysical and she gives the best facials. In fact, I am in need of one.... hmmmnn... :goodvibe:

Yeah, I can't go to Borders without speding waaaay too much money. The library is a much safer place for me :lol:

Something about being near water, especially underwater, puts me at ease. It's so quiet underwater. And if you're talking about a water-fall or a river insetead, there's a constant roaring or rippling.

Under a set of warm covers in a very cold room does it for me too.

Is there a place that always cheers you up?

Yeah, TPF! I know, I don't have a life... :lmao: But really, with so many friends all over the friggin' planet here at TPF, where else would I look for being cheered up? ;)

/\ kinda works for me as well

and being near the coast always seems to clear my head

Most reactions

Back