What's new

Is there a way to sell photographs?

khamaar

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 13, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Pakistan
Hello,

I, on a very memorable journey, went to northern parts of Pakistan, where there is still Taliban Influence, the place is just below the valley of swat, which has seen bloody battles between the Taliban and the Pakistan Army,

On our way back, i just pushed the button of my camera and captured one of the most touching pictures i have ever seen...

YouTube - ‪The Best Photo of 2011.‬‏lease, inform me..... I want this photograph to be looked at, to be admired....Is there any photography contest? or an auction...or whatever....? By the way , what do u think about it?
 
sorry not much of a pro but it sucks. kept moving around. most photos i know of are static and dont move around on you.

If you pause it around :49 you can get an idea of the whole picture, but I agree, this isn't the best way to present it.

As far as getting it seen, I don't know - you could submit it to a news agency or something to see if they would publish it, but generally I think without a story to go along with it (such as one written by a reporter) they may not be interested.

I think it's a good photo, and it tells a sad, touching story, but I also think that on its own it's somewhat unremarkable and is unlikely to gain a widespread audience unless it's attached to some other sort of medium. You might try writing about some of what you experienced in that area, or if you don't have any writing talent, finding someone else to do that for you, and then you could submit it to a news organization as a full article instead of just a stand-alone photo.

Someone else might have some better advice.
 
Selling photographs is hard enough. Selling ONE photograph is 'pert near impossible.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom