is there a way when you take a picture from ur camera it auto loads up on a monitor

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Roomka, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Roomka

Roomka TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    basically what i want to do is snap a picture and see how the picture looks on a monitor without doing the long process of taking out the card and loading ot up a big screen?, thanks

2. MReid

MReid TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes this is a common practice. I have never done it....someone will come and detail the process for you hopefully. I think they call it shooting tethered...could probably search it on the net.

3. 480sparky

480sparky Chief Free Electron Relocator Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Either shoot tethered or use a WiFi card.

4. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    "Tethered shooting" or "tethering" is what you want to do. Normally, it involves special software, a cable set connected to the camera and a computer, and a computer monitor or laptop. A few years back, many cameras came with software for this, but as time has passed, the d-slr manufacturers have realized the demand for it is much less now,and have dropped out-of-box software with "most' of their cameras. A Google search for "tethered shooting software" + your camera model ought to turn up various options. I believe the Phase company's CaptureOne software can provided tethered shooting for many,many different camera models.

5. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

My Canon 40D (or the old XTi) shipped with software that let you shoot tethered. If you are using Canon, check with your software.

I recently purchase the Adobe lightroom and it has tethering feature. But I have not use that feature with lightroom. (use the Canon software before)