Is there an easy way to make HDR photos in Gimp

stone_family3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have no clue how to do this. I know I'm supposed to layer them but don't know how to do it. I tried reading a few tutorials online but am completely lost.

My understanding is that the camera does all the work. A mode lets you take 3 consecutive shots; under, correct, over exposed (or some other combo of settings) and you simply layer them together and do some other magic. I would imagine most advanced image editors would be able to do it. Including Gimp.

Google how to take the HDR picts instead of how to PP them.

I did, I took the pics they're on my computer. I don't know how to layer them.

I have no clue how to do this. I know I'm supposed to layer them but don't know how to do it. I tried reading a few tutorials online but am completely lost.
File > Buy Photomatix.

:sexywink:

I don't have money to buy any programs. That's why I specified on gimp. Thanks for the advice though.

If you don't want to download additional software, then you must layer your multiple exposures in GIMP. I'd place them in order light to dark with the darkest exposure in the top layer. You then have to blend the exposures together using layer masks -- paint on the masks in varying shades of black/grey/white. When you have the effect you're after the layer stack can be collapsed into a single image and processed further. It can be tedious work.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back