Is there img quality diff between Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di vs Tamron 90mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD ?

rajtn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone,

I would like to buy one of these lenses..
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro Autofocus Lens OR Tamron 90mm f/2.8 SP Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD. I know that both lenses are good lenses from online reviews. The latest version Tamron 90mm f/2.8 SP Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD , I know has
Ultrasonic Motor
Internal Focusing
Vibration Compensation

But is Tamron 90mm f/2.8 SP Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD superior than the older version in terms of image quality? Thank you for any suggestions..

Thank you for the video ( funny ending..) . It helped a bit but I am specifically looking to see if there are any image quality improvements in the latest version..

My main question would be how well the newer design resists flare and ghosting, with the large, front element situated so,so far out at the end of the barrel; on earlier versions of the Tamron 90mm, a relatively small front element is placed quite deeply within the lens barrel, in effect forming a type of built-in lens hood. Granger's video is based upon a trade show examination of two lenses, and doesn't address actual images made by either lens.

My main question would be how well the newer design resists flare and ghosting, with the large, front element situated so,so far out at the end of the barrel; on earlier versions of the Tamron 90mm, a relatively small front element is placed quite deeply within the lens barrel, in effect forming a type of built-in lens hood. Granger's video is based upon a trade show examination of two lenses, and doesn't address actual images made by either lens.

I don't know but the older Tamron 90mm 2.8 macros are only around $150 so it may be a better value irrespective of the lens placement

Most reactions

Back