Is this a deal.

I never thought Sigma was supposed to be all that great.

On ebay sellers describe a lens or camera or anything however they want; saying it's in good condition means ___?? whatever they think is good, doesn't mean it is. They can price it however they want.

I've bought from KEH and even in Bargain condition an item can be perfectly good, just maybe not so pretty. I've also bought from Adorama online, and Pittsburgh Camera Exchange (onlinephoto on ebay I think). Also Central Camera in Chicago although they don't seem to list much online and use their ebay page as an outlet/sale listings (but I found a 1940ish Leica lens from them with the original customs certificate that's brassed but nice and sharp).

I found it takes some looking but it's possible to find some gems and some good bargains out there. If there's still a camera swap in your area that would be a good bet.

edit - Just remembered you're in Canada, have you tried Henry's? I live in the US but had no problem buying from them and it doesn't take nearly as long as it used to (since I remember buying hockey stuff that would take like a month, I wondered if it got shipped out of Winnipeg by dogsled.)
Yes Henrys has what i want but it's more expensive than amazon or ebay. But i is more convenient

Most reactions

New Topics

Back