Is this a good deal?

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Got my Popular Photography magazine in and www.tristatecamera.com has a special: Twin Zoom Lens, Sigma 28-80 & 100-300 4.5-6.7 and Lens Cleaning kit for 129.95.

Don't know much about lenses, I only have the kit lens that came with my camera and would really like more than that. Seemed like a good deal but didn't know about quality and all that jazz. I have a Canon Elan 7ne...sooooo what do you think, worth it or not???

Well as far as I am aware Sigma make a reasonable standard of glass... not as good as the big names (Canon, Nikon etc) but definitley useable by myself for example... as for price it looks pretty good... although the f4.5 could make low light photography tricky without a tripod.

Two lenses for $129 pretty much menas it's not good glass. Sigma makes decent lenses, and they make crappy lenses, and while their good ones are less expensive than their Canon and Nikon equivalents, they are still not cheap. A good quality Sigma lens will cost you $600-800, whereas the Canon or Nikon would be $1000-1200.

You get what you pay for, remember that.

Thanks for the tips. I've emailed the store right now to get a bit more info about the lens...we'll see what happens :) Really appreciate the comments though, you all know more than I do :wink:

Well the stinkin store never replied back after 3 emails...so I quit. I'll hold out for something better :wink: But again thanks for all the help, oh and since they never got back to me, that's why I couldn't get back to you Will :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back