Is this a good edit?

I would say for a collage like that, it is fairly well done. It all depends on what you are trying to say or do! :)

I think it's pretty good. In some places you accidentally cut off/blurred out parts of people and that is somewhat annoying, but it's still good.

Nice gift idea.

I would put the center-right picture of you and your father--great pic by the way--as the focus of the collage, since you are giving it to him as a gift. Also, put fewer photos around the center portrait and lightly feather them in better.

Have the satellite pics with other family/loved ones , too, not just him.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to crush anyone's spirit but...I dislike it...

From a family album standpoint I can understand it, but from a photography standpoint...heh...

1. It lacks organization in its images it seems. There are three pictures going down the left side by his face, just, floating heads, and on the bottom you have the same thing happening. The photos of him are just clumped together and on the right side you have a bunch of others who aren't shown to be interacting with the main man.

2. It's sooo busy. Too many photos with some having nothing to do with each other in too many random places.

3. The layout is also disorganized. There is no flow. There are random spaces between photos and it disrupts how the viewer moves throughout the image. I haven't messed much with graphic design, but I do know that symmetry and deliberate asymmetry do carry meaning and generally having some sort of noticeable pattern relieves a lot of tension in the image, and it shows that you didn't just haphazardly place photos in open spaces. I think part of this issue is because of the photo of you in the middle. It throws off the balance of the photos primarily occupying the space around the edge of the photo.

I hope this makes sense. I think it can work, but the layout needs to be changed. The whole blur the edges thing with sooooo many images makes the collage seem kind of messy

I'm sure he'll love it, but it has some odd things going on. Instead of framing each image with blur, why not use a simple black frame for each? Then, superimpose your dad on top of the collage. It would look a lot neater, I think.

Also, what is this headless image? Kinda creepy, me thinks.

$7914117158_bb54d724fd_b.jpg

Thanks rex, I do have an arrangemnt I wana try out, Jaemie, that is my dad’s legs. He is a major soccer fan, and wanted to show his passion

Most reactions

Back