Is this a medium format?

jonathon94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was browsing the website of Nick Onken (http://nickonken.com/) when I came across this portrait.

What camera is this? Is it a medium format?

Attachments

• $wm_59Onken_20080912SonyaB_310.jpg
    $wm_59Onken_20080912SonyaB_310.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 154
Eeek, that webpage is all flash ... so many people will not be able to see it ;)

Alex_B said:
Eeek, that webpage is all flash ... so many people will not be able to see it ;)

Lol. Yeah you'd think apple would realize by now that not having flash is confining your device to the dark ages

Alex_B said:

Lol. Yeah you'd think apple would realize by now that not having flash is confining your device to the dark ages

Actually, it is not even working on my PC since I do not have the most recent flash installed there.

IMHO, today the world looks the other way round by the way ... using flash, confines your website to the dark ages. I know many web designers who stepped back from flash and use JS/jQuery these days. Today most things can be done without flash, and are then accessible also by most mobile devices.

Alex_B said:

Lol MAC users!

Alex_B said:
Actually, it is not even working on my PC since I do not have the most recent flash installed there.

IMHO, today the world looks the other way round by the way ... using flash, confines your website to the dark ages. I know many web designers who stepped back from flash and use JS/jQuery these days. Today most things can be done without flash, and are then accessible also by most mobile devices.

Flash is still the most efficient and most powerful by far.

Flash is still the most efficient and most powerful by far.
You might be right, but still I doubt it will survive (just IMHO of course).Also, for everything I ever needed, jQuery, or even HTML+PHP was always sufficient. But then again I am old and old-fashioned, and I do not need so many fancy things. Hence I might be biased ;)

Last edited:
SVG Animation will replace flash. And thank god when it does.

Yeah most of the programmers want flash gone completely because it's complicated to use and easy to cause crashes. Almost all web designers I know prefer to exclusively use HTML which in reality is what all sites will eventually be going to.

unpopular said:
SVG Animation will replace flash. And thank god when it does.

I still love flash despite what anyone aus and feel not having compatibility is the iPhone killer

Flash is clunky and processor intensive, closed and proprietary. It represents too large a part of the internet for something that conflicts directly with WWW design philosophy. There are lots of good reasons to hate it.

Most reactions

Back