Is this an honest place to buy from?

By looking at the website it looks like a typical bait-n-switch outfit. If you check the prices for new Canon digital bodies, they are all about 1/2 retail street price. Then look at the 70-200 f2.8 EX lens, which I am assuming to be a Sigma, which the website does not specify, and see that it is almost double what you can get it for new at B&H or Adorama. Don't even think of going to this place for anything.

Sorry to thread hijack but I also found a site that I am not to sure about. Decided on camera and everything, and then came across this site with a sweet looking deal, but wanted to check here first if it is safe or not.

Heres the link:

http://www.digicombos.com/product_p/ebyd40xnik01.htm

Cheers.

gamerz, did you ever consider visiting the link that jedithebomber gave? Go there and see what they have to say about your particular store.

oh i went, scary place......

I`ll stick with B & H, now i`m just waiting for someone to answer my post on third party lens queston. so i can shop over on B&H. Just not sure what to look for. Hopefully by moring someone will answer me. thanks

There are so many of these scam websites that sell photographic equipment. As the old saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

I mean, really. The Canon 5D for $1600 (body only)? The market price is basically $2200 and up. No one's going to have it for $600 cheaper than everyone else and not have some sort of "catch".

If anyone wants to take their chances with a company that has a .6 (not 6, POINT-6) rating out of 10, then by all means, best of luck to you!:lol:

Yeah, B&H! Once tried to pass of a less than like new lens when I ordered a new one. Careful what you buy.

Thanks, I'll stay away from that website.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back