is this camera shake???

But the blur is not as streaky in the first as it is in the second ... I cannot see the movement, the shaking.
It's possible that it might be misfocused but it certainly looks like camera shake to me. Camera shake blur does not necessarily look streaky...unless the camera is moving one one direction. If the movement is just random shaky movement...then the result will be general blurriness, as we see here.

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D200
Image Date: 2007:05:04 06:32:03
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 300.0mm (35mm equivalent: 450mm)
Exposure Time: 0.0063 s (1/160)
Aperture: f/6.3
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

Shutter speed way too slow focal length
Shoot at higher ISO and at least 1/400

true, but if there is a better lense out there, I want it.. lol
:lol: of course, we all do :D

Sports photographers use some of the most expensive lenses...because shooting sports is one of the most demanding things you can do. A typical pro sports shooting is walking around with $10,000 to $20,000 worth of equipment.

was all that info in my photo? wow.

:lol: of course, we all do :D

Sports photographers use some of the most expensive lenses...because shooting sports is one of the most demanding things you can do. A typical pro sports shooting is walking around with $10,000 to $20,000 worth of equipment.

cool. i probably only have about 7000 set aside for photography to invest. Of course I dont want to spend that much, but if need be, i will.. lol

Well, if your goal is getting good shots of your daughter...you can certainly get a few fantastic lenses with that budget. I suggest that 70-200 F2.8 VR that I linked to above.

Well, if your goal is getting good shots of your daughter...you can certainly get a few fantastic lenses with that budget. I suggest that 70-200 F2.8 VR that I linked to above.

cool, ill get that lense.. i appreciate the help. I was volunteered to be the team photographer, lol.

i wouldnt begin to know how to tell you, im still very new to this camera and the world of photography.... ill look and see if i can find it..

Ps, Switch, do you got a myspace page?

If you're shooting RAW, any good RAW workflow program will tell you and if you're shooting JPEG, just right click on the image, go to properties, and click on advanced.

I'm sorry, I do not have a myspace.

Learn about exposure before shelling out all that cash. You may get better shots but you'll not know why!! Learning exposure will help more initially than a new lens :) Although that lens is a corker - I have the Canon equivalent and love it.

Read "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Petersen. A great book that all new to photography should have.

The shutter speed is to slow, that why you have camera shake. Don’t use auto iso set it to 300-600iso, the kit lens is not best lens for sports but you can make it work, try to shot only with really bright and clear day light, this will let you use high shutter speeds, learn the limits of your lens and work within then, keep practicing

Your shutter may be too slow... but I think EVERYONE is overlooking that your cameras sharpening is set to SOFT... and Med/L...

I am not falling into the camera shake group with this because the fenceline links are sharp edged but soft and they are MUCH further away so anything that was happening to the shot of the boy would be worse on the fence...

Without looking at a D200 I cant tell you how to correct that... my gfs D200 is with her and I am at work... but I would read into the settings and see if thats correctable before I would buy a new lens or send out the camera...

*Edit: if you use IExif from Opanda to look at the EXIF it gives ALL the camera settings...

I really think you should consider learning more about photography and invest the money in a few good books before looking at other lenses. There are some exceptional photos which can be made even on that kit lens you have there.

I do remember someone posting an entire portrait series of a girl with that lens on a D80 and the photos were astoundingly good.

Try to learn how everything relates to light, ISO, aperture, shutter speed, how speed relates to focal length, and how focal length relates to how the final image looks. Also learn the basic rules. i.e is your focal length at 100 do not shoot slower than 1/150 (1/focal length *1.5 for your sensor size).

You will find you can make exceptional looking pictures without spending the rest of your budget.

The expensive lens will not improve the photos if you do not understand how to leverage it. This thread has all the options to explore.

For one... mounting an expensive/fast lens and leaving the camera to full auto can very well end up with the same aperture/shutter settings that caused the same blur due to camera shake.

Also, my first impression was it was actually shot at a 60th (so I was wrong?) But here's my idea. Get a monopod or a tripod.

300 mm hand held is always going to be difficult.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back