What's new

Is this neat?

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm having a hard time deciding if this is neat or not... I would love some opinions.

CBRE%20-%2031%20State%20Street%20-%20%20029.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #2
Here's another on... same idea, different angle/position on the opposing building. (This was actually from my very first commercial real estate shoot... I was up on top of the building, lying on my stomach with my arms, head (and camera) hanging off the building... :lol:)

CBRE%20-%2031%20State%20Street%20-%20%20100.jpg
 
The second one is one that I'd call "neat".
Something on the bottom right of the first makes that one "untidy" ;) ... well, sort of. Something changes so much in the reflection there that "neat" would no longer be the word I'd choose.
But both of them are "cool" in their own way.
I prefer the clearer second to the first, though. The one that nearly pulled you "over the edge" ;).
 
I like the concept, #2 is definitely the better, IMHO. I also like the story about how you got the shots. Not sure I could hang off the roof like that, you are a braver man than I.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
The second one is one that I'd call "neat".
Something on the bottom right of the first makes that one "untidy" ;) ... well, sort of. Something changes so much in the reflection there that "neat" would no longer be the word I'd choose.
But both of them are "cool" in their own way.
I prefer the clearer second to the first, though. The one that nearly pulled you "over the edge" ;).

hahah... thanks. Yeah, I think I like the second one better, too. I think part of the problem with the first one is just that some of the windows are actually dirty... which is too bad since the bend away from the viewer is kinda neat.

I like the concept, #2 is definitely the better, IMHO. I also like the story about how you got the shots. Not sure I could hang off the roof like that, you are a braver man than I.

heheh... well, I haven't done that since. :) :lol: I'm not likely to, either.

By the way, part of what I'm struggling with is whether or not this is worthy of an "architectural shot" to put up on my site. (trying to get more arch things and less just "hey look, a nice pic of some random building". :)

Thanks for the comments.
 
You need a focus. The picture you have isn't bad but there is too much to focus on. Look at it from a 'different angle'.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom