What's new

Loving my new Lumix FZ1000

Tartness90948 1

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 6, 2025
Messages
128
Reaction score
151
Location
Devizes, Wiltshire, England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently purchased a Lumix FZ1000 because I have decided that using a bridge camera is the way forward for me, as much as I love my Pentax gear, it's become a pain in the backside deciding which lens to put on and so on. My Fujifilm X-S1 is a lovely camera to use but the AF has always been a problem. The FZ1000 only cost me £300 and compared to the Sony RX10iv/v is an absolute bargain. I know it does not have weather sealing or such a long range but too be honest, I can't remember the last time I really shot in the rain. I am also converted to shooting jpegs because it was quite harsh light yesterday when I took these photos at Great Chalfield Manor in Wiltshire but the FZ1000 coped really well.
 

Attachments

  • P1000224-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000224-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    4 MB · Views: 1
  • P1000227-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000227-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    4.6 MB · Views: 1
  • P1000230-DeadTree-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire-BW.webp
    P1000230-DeadTree-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire-BW.webp
    6.6 MB · Views: 1
  • P1000233-Horse-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000233-Horse-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    4 MB · Views: 1
  • P1000237-Flower-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000237-Flower-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • P1000239-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire-BW.webp
    P1000239-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire-BW.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • P1000241-LeafWaterDrops-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000241-LeafWaterDrops-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • P1000245-Feather-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000245-Feather-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    5.8 MB · Views: 1
  • P1000246-Landscape-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000246-Landscape-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
  • P1000254-EdwardianGazebo-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire-BW.webp
    P1000254-EdwardianGazebo-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire-BW.webp
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
  • P1000256-LakeReflectionGreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000256-LakeReflectionGreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
  • P1000269-Ladybird-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000269-Ladybird-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • P1000273-Physalis-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000273-Physalis-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    874.8 KB · Views: 2
  • P1000277-WaterLily-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000277-WaterLily-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • P1000278-AllSaintsChurch-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    P1000278-AllSaintsChurch-GreatChalfieldManor-Atworth-Melksham-Wiltshire.webp
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
Nice images. Congratulations and continued success taking these wonderful photos.
 
G'day 9094

Like @Jeff15, I also love the superzoom cameras - I have the Panny FZ-2500 + the FZ-300 and can't go anywhere without one or both--depending upon my mood! I used film SLRs for 40+ yrs and was glad to see the back of them once superzoom bodies with a good zoom attached came upon the market.

I also shoot JPG - 100% of the time as I find that the custom panny settings (in my case to 'vivid') gives me beaut colours and etc that few images need any post-exposure treatment

ps- I don't use the term 'bridge' as I feel it is a marketing ploy to infer that the user is mid way to buying into the dSLR network + a bevy of lenses ... something that is far from the case for 99% of superzoom users that I speak to on my travels
Phil
 
I used all Nikon gear for many years but as I got older, it got heavier...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom