Is this 'one for the portfolio'??

Artograph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C please!!

OldBarnBW.jpg

Foreground feels too busy, maybe if you did some DOF blur and had it pin sharp on the building? Maybe even pull out some more details on the build using contrast or a details enchancer?

I'm sorry, but I would have to say no. While it is a nice image, a portfolio should be great images. Thats my $0.02, take it for what its worth.

I'm sorry, but I would have to say no. While it is a nice image, a portfolio should be great images. Thats my $0.02, take it for what its worth.

...What would make it a "great" image, IYO?

...What would make it a "great" image, IYO?

First, you asked if it was worthy, I gave you my answer. To elaborate more....

"Great" is subjective. To me an image that is great, most people look at it and can't stop complimenting it, or at least have to really look at it to see small issues.

Instead of saying what would make your image great, take a look at this thread. Not only the images, but the way people react to them. I know it is a different type of image being a car not a barn, but you'll get the understanding.

Oh, I have yet to take anything worthy of a portfolio.

First, you asked if it was worthy, I gave you my answer. To elaborate more....

"Great" is subjective. To me an image that is great, most people look at it and can't stop complimenting it, or at least have to really look at it to see small issues.

Instead of saying what would make your image great, take a look at this thread. Not only the images, but the way people react to them. I know it is a different type of image being a car not a barn, but you'll get the understanding.

Oh, I have yet to take anything worthy of a portfolio.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback!!

Yes, those car photos were definately impressive!!

:)

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback!!

Yes, those car photos were definately impressive!!

:)

Artograph,after thinking about it a bit, I though it may help you to see what a few minor tweaks could do for your image.

I took your image and did a quick PS job on it, I hope it helps.

bw.jpg
OldBarnBW.jpg

I think you can see quite a difference. Most of the difference is from a curves and levels adjustment, and a little sharpening. A little bluring to add some DOF.

Hope it helps

JD

the image is nice, but not spectacular. A square crop of the first Atom crop might make a difference.

xShanex: Thanks!!

DRATOM: Thank you! Wow...you did a great job with that! Yes, it helps to 'see' what you're talking about! Thanks again!

Alex B: Thank you....I always appreciate feedback!!

:O)

Foreground feels too busy, maybe if you did some DOF blur and had it pin sharp on the building? Maybe even pull out some more details on the build using contrast or a details enchancer?

I second that.

No, it's one for the learning experience pile.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back