What's new

Is this satisfactory work?

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
435
Location
Belgium
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm getting the hang of this timelapse business. These are really a compilation of photos i took on a continues basis moving a step to the left every time, you can look at the middle to see how long it took me to take this. I had to fight off other photographers with my monopod for these shots, it is such a busy city. :lol:



 
Last edited by a moderator:
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Very yes.
 
I bow to your expertise here, Hamlet. This is amazing work. Like a movie, only not. ;) I can only imagine the precision it must have taken. It really doesn't look like it was done with a monopod, more like a wheeled base.
 
I bow to your expertise here, Hamlet. This is amazing work. Like a movie, only not. ;) I can only imagine the precision it must have taken. It really doesn't look like it was done with a monopod, more like a wheeled base.

Well the monopod is really there so i can get my height correctly every time, i could do this hand held if need be.
 
Did you do this with a phone?

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's awesome... but... the fact that you did this in *portrait* orientation implies to me that maybe you used a phone to do this... and if that is the case, did you not have a way to turn the phone landscape orientation with the monopod you used?

I don't like that it's in portrait orientation, but if that's because you were limited in how you did this, then I forgive you. :sexywink:

But seriously... it's really cool. :sillysmi:
 
I shot this with my little d3200. Here is a full resolution picture:

http://i.minus.com/i0dft1qkzcIji.jpg

I wanted to get the sky and the people walking on the ground, this square is very tiny so that is really the reason why i shot this in portrait mode.
 
I shot this with my little d3200. Here is a full resolution picture:

http://i.minus.com/i0dft1qkzcIji.jpg

I wanted to get the sky and the people walking on the ground, this square is very tiny so that is really the reason why i shot this in portrait mode.

Oh, it wasn't the resolution that bothered me. It was just the fact that it was in portrait orientation. But I get why you did it, and it's still cool. :sillysmi:
 
I don't like it either to be honest, but i worked with what i had. I'll post some regular ones if we get some nice weather. BUT NOT TOMORROW! Tomorrow its the football match. :mrgreen:
 
Tomorrow its the football match. :mrgreen:

SPORTS!

tumblr_mz487rDg061qdlh1io1_400.gif
 
I'm glad you all like it. Now i can move on to other projects.
 
Never seen anything like that before, very cool!
 
It being in portrait orientation reunions it for me.

Time lapse is a form of video and video needs to be in landscape orientation.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool!

With so many people viewing on phones and tablets these days, video in portrait orientation should become more normal...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom