What's new

Is this satisfactory work?

Very nice. However, you might want to use a slower shutter speed so that the moving people blur somewhat, and then putting it all together, you'll probably get more "flow" from the areas with people.
 
I agree. The problem was that i didn't have my nd filter with me and i could not go any lower than i was shooting at that moment. If you freeze the video, you will notice that moving subjects are somewhat blurred.
 
Very nice. However, you might want to use a slower shutter speed so that the moving people blur somewhat, and then putting it all together, you'll probably get more "flow" from the areas with people.

I like this idea. I also second the "not a fan of portrait orientation" comment.

I think also working on balancing your exposures a little better will give a really awesome effect. Though i know that's going to be hard do do with the changing light and angles. It'll require a lot more post work.

Sorry if you answered this already but, how many shots was this?

Really cool :)
 
I like it. Wish it was longer, though...
 
That's pretty cool. I think with it being shot vertically the movement as the camera moves is happening in the bottom 1/3 (approximately). I think if it were shot horizontally there wouldn't be so much space above that doesn't seem to be necessary in the shots (since the viewer's drawn to the movement of the people).

That made me smile thinking of you moving a step at a time to do this and working around all the people and activity happening, that must have taken some persistence.
 
I like it. Wish it was longer, though...

I am planning some big projects that will do exactly that. Just keep in mind that this is incredibly tedious work and i ran through 3 batteries to get this 14 second compilation.
 
Very nice. However, you might want to use a slower shutter speed so that the moving people blur somewhat, and then putting it all together, you'll probably get more "flow" from the areas with people.

I like this idea. I also second the "not a fan of portrait orientation" comment.

I think also working on balancing your exposures a little better will give a really awesome effect. Though i know that's going to be hard do do with the changing light and angles. It'll require a lot more post work.

Sorry if you answered this already but, how many shots was this?

Really cool :)

The changing exposures is something i haven't been able to solve.
 
That's pretty cool. I think with it being shot vertically the movement as the camera moves is happening in the bottom 1/3 (approximately). I think if it were shot horizontally there wouldn't be so much space above that doesn't seem to be necessary in the shots (since the viewer's drawn to the movement of the people).

That made me smile thinking of you moving a step at a time to do this and working around all the people and activity happening, that must have taken some persistence.

Just a teeny tiny step, yes. :lol:
 
Wow. Amazing concept and tons of patience! Like it! A TON!
 
Pretty cool!

With so many people viewing on phones and tablets these days, video in portrait orientation should become more normal...

Unless tvs start to automatically rotate to properly display it port rate orientation video will not become more normal.
 
Pretty cool!

With so many people viewing on phones and tablets these days, video in portrait orientation should become more normal...

Unless tvs start to automatically rotate to properly display it port rate orientation video will not become more normal.

My goal was not to make a video, this is moving pictures with a guy at the back playing the piano.
 
Here is the 4k version with better polish and with reduced jumps in exposure levels you can watch on your brand new picture box:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome!

What is the "frame rate" of the video, if you don't mind me asking?

I kind of like how the exposure ebbs and flows--it becomes part of the movement.
 
I'm really new to video editing and don't know a lot about all the technical stuff, but this videos frame rate is exactly 30fps. I'm just making these by whatever little means i have at my disposal. On this second cut i went and editing each frame independently, took me a long time too but it is worth it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom