ISO Test for Kirk - general snap shots.

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All images are straight out of camera. No post processing at all. All in camera enhancements are turned off. In other words, the camera is prohibited from reducing noise, no color enhancements, nothing. I never use any of that stuff in camera.
Camera used, Olympus E-M1X Micro 4/3's.

ISO 1000
DnjpMD2.jpg

ISO 1600
0jwzMMH.jpg

ISO 2000
cDrFXp8.jpg

ISO 3200
dxjxt0V.jpg

ISO 6400 - I will probably never use this high ISO number. I do not like to go over 800 if I can help it. Most of the time ISO 400 and under. The higher ISO sensitivities on this camera are not nearly as bad as I thought they would be, given its sensor size. Not sure what others might think, but I think it's not too bad.
EDIT: This image is out focus....lol ooops, but you can still get the idea.
yCeMYGT.jpg

Last edited:
I think you found that with your new camera, 200 ISO is now your old limitation. Personally, I think the ISO 3200 isn't too bad for general use where conditions require a higher ISO like that but that's where I would draw the line, at least judging from what I'm seeing here with the light you had available. They say the newer cameras are producing better pics at higher ISO's and I believe it looking at your pics.

ISO 2,000 looks very good !3,200 shows some noise and perhaps a bit of detail loss due to in-camera noise reduction ( at least in my estimation), and overall I would say that this is the best high ISO performance I have ever seen from a micro 4/3 sensor.

The degree of exposure you give is more important than the ISO value you are using, and in "decent light" one can often go higher in ISO than in "sketchy" lighting conditions. THIS scene I would describe as "decent light"...little shadow, and fairly flat lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back